My Ultimate Self Guide - For Better Living
Published on: 2017-10-23
Everyone has their own way of living
This here is my self-guide I use to improve myself in a consistent manner. I learned this from many different sources(articles, books, word of mouth, etc.,) so If I haven't mentioned your name/source let me know in comments I will give credits for the same.
"Each good morning we are born again, what we do today is what matters most" — Buddha
- Become an early riser. It's hard at the start, but if you do anything for 30 days a new habit is created.
- If you have the gift of waking up automatically you are gifted, Others(majority) don't keep your alarm in reachable area/in bed
- Avoid Snooze/Negotiating with your pillow, As soon as the alarm goes, wake up and change the environment to get yourself up easily.
- Do some activities immediately (Wash your face, Brush, Etc.,)
- Do exercise in the morning to feel happy, be more productive & create a healthy lifestyle.
- At least a few mins is good enough to boost Endorphins (1 min is enough for new starters - check Kaizen Technique)
- There are hundred's of articles explaining the benefits of doing exercise in the morning. So I leave it there
Waking up early and developing a routine can transform you into a very intelligent, organized, and successful person within a relatively short period of time (approx. 1–10 years). Just imagine this in your mind (2Hrs every day for 10 years)
"Lose an hour in the morning, and you will be all day hunting for it" — Richard Whately
"Good is the enemy of great." — Jim Collins
It's easy to start the day with something that seems to be good/easy but ultimately isn't all that important. Watch below video where Stephen Covey explains the importance of putting "first things, first."
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t2sZ_W7TM5w?start=16" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Read uplifting content to motivate, inspire you for the day (max 10 mins)
- Do #1 priority task in the morning. Never let easy/small task fill in your day
Self-improvement isn’t a destination. You’re never done
- Create Goals (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly)
- Avoid Unrealistic goals: Do not overcommit and get disappointed if you don't achieve.
- Create reasonable and achievable goals to get your Endorphins level up. One step at a time!
- Maintain goal(Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly) streaks to make yourself consistent
- Give 10x the value of what you say you will
- It's not about the price, it's the value that matters.
- "Quality is not an act, it is a habit." — Aristotle
- Use Kaizen Technique to create habits
- "Little strokes fell great oaks." — Benjamin Franklin
- Do something useful every day just for 1 min(very less time and easy do-able) and over the time it will become as your habit
- Wherever You Are, Make Sure You’re There, Most people are never present
- Google Search: In flow, Deep work, Focus.
- The world looks for the best always; not the average person
- If you don't quit on bad/time-consuming tasks you are not going to succeed on that righteous goal in your todo list
- So quit on unwanted things and spend time on useful things and be the best
- Be consistent
- The difference between Amateur and Professional is; the later is consistent no matter what.
- If you’re not that good now, consistency will make you better.
- Embrace multiple learning techniques and never quit learning
- "Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty." — Henry Ford
- By consistent learning - You make new connections in your brain, Open yourself to a new world of experience
- Two keen things to be limitless - Body, Mind
- Body: Cardio(run), Strength(gym), Flexibility(yoga, sports)
- Mind: Meditation, Brain Exercise
- Eat healthily, Drink 3-4 liters of water every day
- Stop looking for quick methods to make your body fit as it's not going to last, instead gradually adopt to healthy life (Approx 1-4 Years)
The success of your morning begins the night before.
- Having 7Hrs of good sleep is very important to wake up fresh and recharge your brain. Not having enough sleep ruins next day, so avoid it at any cost.
- Take a few mins every night to mentally prepare yourself for next day. Make sure you write down your #1 priority task for tomorrow
- Turn off WIFI/Mobile data
- Keep your mobile/alarm far away from bed (To wake yourself up in one alarm)
- Read a physical book, Avoid e-devices(kindle/tablet/mobiles)
- Think about the tasks & goals you need to accomplish tomorrow and go to sleep
- "Never go to sleep without a request to your subconscious." — Thomas Edison
- Your subconscious mind works when you sleep (Book: The Power of Your Subconscious Mind, Google search to find out more)
When you wake up the next morning, you’ll be primed for success. The only thing you need to do is immediately get out of bed.
"Successful mornings don't happen by chance. They happen by choice. Neither does a successful life." — Benjamin P. Hardy