- The brain is actually plastic or moldable. This means that the brain physically changes throughout the course of our lives, not just in childhood.
- What molds our brain? Experience.
- Experience actually change the physical shape of the brain even in old ages.
- When we undergo an experience, our brain cells - called neurons become active / fire.
- The way in which particular circuits in the brain are activated determines the nature of our mental activity. When neurons fire together they grow new connections between them. Overtime, the connections that result from firing leads to "rewiring" in the brain.